Super Easy Pasta Salad
1/2 lb uncooked pasta
1 medium tomato, chopped
1 large bottle Italian Dressing
vegetables of choice (broccoli, bell pepper, olives, etc), chopped
Bring a pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cooked ten minutes, or until tender. Drain and pour into a large dish. Let cool. Add tomatoes and other vegetables. Pour half bottle of Italian Dressing. Stir to coat noodles and veggies. Let sit in fridge at least 2 hours.
After two hours, do a taste test. If everything tastes fine, then this is ready to serve. It may, however, need more salad dressing. Add as much salad dressing as needed, stirring to coat. Serve chilled. May be refrigerator overnight before serving.
- Use Your Noodle. I like using spiral noodles, plain or tri-colored for this recipes because they “grab” the dressing, but any kind of noodle will do. Penne pasta is also a good grabber, and I’ve seen this done with fettuccine noodles.
- Going low carb? Who needs noodles anyway?!? Do this same recipe with just the veggies! Use tomatoes, cucumbers, celery, broccoli, and bell peppers mixed with Italian Dressing for a crunchy, zesty side dish.
- Don’t like plain Italian Dressing? Whisk 1/2 cup of mayonnaise in with the salad dressing before coating the noodles for a creamier salad. Or try Zesty Italian or a vinaigrette.
- Try adding cubed cheese or Parmesan cheese to the mix.
- Class it up! Serve on a bed of lettuce, with sundried tomatoes, artichoke hearts, and capers.
Got a different Pasta Salad recipe? Share it with me!