Easy Vegetable Soup
1 – 1.5 lbs ground hamburger
2 cans tomato sauce
1 can crushed (or diced) tomatoes
1 bag frozen mixed veggies (carrots, corn, green beans)
Salt and pepper, to taste
Garlic, to taste
Fry hamburger meat and drain. Add tomato sauce and tomatoes. Add chili powder, garlic, salt and pepper — I usually sprinkle the whole top of the mixture with chili powder, then stir, and add the other seasonings. Heat through.
- Why use hamburger meat? Use ground turkey or sausage. Go meatless. It your super easy soup, eat it how you like it.
- Use fresh or canned veggies, or add veggies to the frozen. Without draining, add a can of corn or green beans. Fresh or canned potatoes are yummy, too. And I absolutely love to add 1/2 a head of cabbage to my soup.
- Use Rotel tomatoes instead of regular diced tomatoes for some real kick.
- Instead of tomato sauce, try tomato juice. Chicken or veggie broth is also good.
- Serve with cornbread! Jiffy cornbread is always my quick and easy go-to when I make veggie soup!
This makes a lot of soup. If you don’t plan on eating leftovers the next day, this freezes really well. If you added potatoes, the texture may become grainy after freezing and reheating, however.
Love it? Hate it? Got your own variation? Post your thoughts.