Ice Cream Sandwich Dessert
- 1 box Ice Cream sandwiches, 12 or 24
- 1 tub Cool Whip, thawed
- Chocolate or Caramel Sauce (Optional)
- Ice Cream toppings, like chopped nuts or crushed candy bars
Lay ice cream sandwiches in a 9×13 pan; this should take about 12 sandwiches. You may have to break a few in half to get the entire pan filled. Optional layer: spread chocolate or caramel sauce over sandwiches. Top with Cool Whip; spread evenly across sandwiches. Sprinkle toppings over Cool Whip. Place in freezer until ready to serve. It takes about two hours for the Cool Whip to refreeze. Let soften a little before cutting into squares.
Variations and Tips
- Add layers! Two layers of sandwiches, sauce, and cool whip! Yum.
- Don’t be afraid to change up the flavors. Buy Neapolitan ice cream sandwiches! Top with strawberries. It’s your dessert, you should love it.
- Try crushing Oreo cookies in a food processor. You could use this as a topping for the recipe above. Or you could mix this with a little melted butter, press into a 9×13 pan, and top with a layer of ice cream followed by a layer of Cool Whip. Just before serving, break a few cookies in half and push into the topping for a cute garnish.
You know the drill! Got your own ice cream desserts? Share ’em!