The Easiest Cookie Ever
I got this recipe from my nephew. We showed up at the MIL’s one evening, and he impressed me with his three ingredient Peanut Butter Cookies! Love that kid!
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup peanut butter (your favorite kind)
Preheat oven to 350.
Mix sugar and egg in bowl until smooth. Add peanut butter and mix until well blended.
Shape into 1″ (about walnut sized) balls and place on an ungreased cookie sheet, about 2 inches apart. Flatten each ball by pressing down on the center with the tines of a fork. Repeat in the opposite direction to create criss-cross pattern.
Bake for 10 minutes (or until lightly browned). Let cool for a minute or so before transferring to a cooling rack.
Makes about 36 cookies…and only takes about 15 minutes total!
Variations and Tips
- Play with the ingredients to make your favorite cookies! Too sweet? Try 3/4 cup of sugar! Don’t like creamy peanut butter? Try crunchy!
- Try Add-ins! 1/2 cup chopped nuts for extra crunch or a 1/2 cup of mini chocolate chips, peanut butter chips, or butterscotch chips for ooey-gooey goodness!
- Add a tsp of vanilla for a little extra something. Yum!
- How about PB&J cookies? Do everything the same as above, but after making the criss cross marks, make a little indentation in the middle of cookie (use the handle of a wooden spoon or the back of a 1/8 tsp). Fill in the hole with your favorite jam, jelly, or preserves. Bake as usual.
Got a cookie recipe? Share it!