I know I’ve been AWOL. Grad school takes up so much time that I don’t get to experiment with recipes as much as I like.
First the first time ever, I tried to make a quiche. I know I didn’t call it that in the title…but only so you’ll grant me leniency with the recipe 🙂
- 1 – 2 cups chopped broccoli, cooked
- 1 roll Pillsbury Crescent Rolls
- 6 eggs
- 1/3 cup Miracle Whip (or Mayo)
- 1/3 cup milk
- 4 – 8 oz of Velveeta Cheese, cubed
Preheat oven to 375.
Grease a 9-inch pie plate. Place crescent roll triangles in pie plate to make a crust. Be sure to seal perforations. In a separate bowl, beat eggs, Miracle Whip, and milk until well blended. Stir in cooked brocoli and velveeta. Pour into crust.
Bake 40 min. or until center is set (a knife can be inserted in the center and come out clean) and top is golden brown.
Sometimes the crescent rolls will finish baking before the egg and veggie goodness does. If this happens, just put aluminum foil along the edges of the pie plate to prevent burning.
Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
Variations and Tips
- Play with the ingredients ! Some people like fewer eggs, some like more!
- Try different kinds of cheeses!
- Replace the broccoli with spinach or add mushrooms. Baking for breakfast? Add bacon. You know the motto: This is your egg and veggie bake, make it so you love it!!!
- For a super easy quiche, use a ready made pie crust! Or look up some crustless quiche recipes!
- For healthier options, go crustless, use egg whites or an egg substitute, or sub in low-fat dairy options…and don’t forget to up the veggies!!
Got a great quiche recipe? Share it!