Ever need to make a quick batch of chocolate chip cookies? This is your recipe!! Whether you’re looking for Strawberry Chocolate Chip, German Chocolate Pecan, or Chocolate Marble Oatmeal, this recipe has got you covered!!
- 1 box cake mix (any flavor)
- 1/2 cup – 1 cup Favorite Add-ins (chocolate chips, chopped nuts, frosting, oatmeal, pieces of fruit)
Preheat oven to 350.
For crispier cookies, combine cake mix, 2 Tablespoons oil, 2 Tablespoons water, and add-in.
For softer cookies, combine cake mix, 1/4 – 1/3 cup oil, 1/4 – 1/3 cup water, 1 large egg, and add-in.
Drop by teaspoon, about 1 inch apart, onto lightly greased cookie sheet. Bake 10 – 15 minutes. Edges may be lightly browned while tops are still pale, this is fine.
Makes 3 – 4 dozen cookies.
***If your add in is frosting, you can use the entire can, but the dough will be stiff. Just make sure it is well-blended.***
***Some people use 2/3 cup oil instead of 1/3 cup oil and 1/3 cup water. Also, you can substitute 8 ounces of cream cheese or 1 stick of butter instead of oil and water. You may need to experiment to find the right combination that creates the cookies that you love***
- Traditional Chocolate Chip: Yellow cake mix and chocolate chips
- Double Chocolate: Chocolate Cake mix and Chocolate frosting
- Oatmeal Raisin: White Cake mix, oatmeal, nuts, raisins
- Butter Pecan: Butter Pecan cake mix and pecans
- Chocolate Covered Strawberries: Strawberry cake mix, strawberry or chocolate icing, chocolate chips
- Chocolate Chip-Peanut Butter: Lemon or white cake, peanut butter, anc chocolate chips
- Devil Made Me Do It: Devil’s Food cake mix, dark chocolate icing, shredded coconut.
There are literally hundreds of combinations!
Got an easy cookie recipe? Know a Cookie Cake combo that has to be shared? Tell me about it — Leave a comment!