- 4 Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts
- 1 can Cream of Mushroom soup
- 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup salsa or 1 can rotel tomatoes, drained
- Sour Cream, optional (2 Tbls to 1/2 cup)
- Taco seasoning, optional
- Shredded cheese, optional
Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
In a bowl, mix soup, salsa (or rotel), sour cream, and seasonings.
Place chicken in a lightly greased (or buttered) baking dish. Add black beans. Pour soup mix over chicken. Top with with cheese. Bake for 35 – 45 minutes (up to 1 hour), or until chicken is fully cooked.
Serve with Fiesta rice or mashed potatoes.
Variations and Tips
- Want regular smothered chicken? Check it out JenE’s Easy Baked Chicken.
- Make a healthier version with 2% or low-fat cheeses, low-fat sour cream, and Healthy Request soups. Honestly, that’s how I make it and it was fabulous.
- If you use Healthy Request soups, do not add additional liquid even if the soup mixture seems thick. It will thin out during the cooking process
- Don’t have salsa? Use 6 oz of tomato sauce and add taco seasoning.
- Shredded up the chicken and serve in taco shells or tortillas.
- Dice up the chicken, throw chicken and soup mixture into a pot, add chicken broth and extra seasonings for a quick and easy tortilla soup. This is great if you add a little corn.