Chicken Dorito Casserole
- 1 -2 ( 10 – 12 oz) Can Chicken or 1 lb cooked chicken, shredded
- shredded Cheddar or “Mexican Taco” cheese
- 1 can Cream of Mushroom soup
- 1 can Cream of Chicken Soup
- 1 can Rotel tomatoes, well drained
- 1 large bag of Doritoes
Pre-heat oven to 350.
First, crush enough Doritoes to cover the bottom of your casserole dish. I use a 9×13 Pyrex dish.
Next, mix soups and Rotel tomatoes. Stir in your chicken. I like to stir in 1 handful of crushed chips.
Pour mixture over chips. Top with cheese.
Bake for 30 minutes or until cheese is completely melted and bubbly. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving.
Serve with a mixed salad to complete the meal.
–The fun part.
- Not a chicken fan? Use ground hamburger or ground turkey.
- Try stirring sour cream into your soup mixtures for some tang.
- Try different Dorito flavors. Cool Ranch, Nacho Cheese, Taco are great flavors to try in your first casserole.
- Don’t like Doritos? No problem. Try original or flavored Fritos or your favorite brand of Tortilla chips.
- Need to cut calories or fat? Try reduced fat or baked Doritos, Fritos, or Tortilla chips with 2% milk cheddar cheese and Healthy Request soups.
- Try stirring some cubed Velveeta cheese into your soup mixture. No need to pre-melt; the cubes will melt during cooking.
- Make a “Layered Dish.” Leave a layer of chips on the bottom of your casserole dish, layer chicken over chips, spread mixed soups and Rotel over chicken, top with cheese.
Have you tried Dorito Casserole? What do you think?