√Easy to make
Hot dogs, spaghetti noodles, and veggies make this an easy and kid friendly dinner.
The Basic Ingredients:
- 1/2 – 1 cup shredded carrot
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 can (14.5 oz) Italian style diced tomatoes (also called Basil, Garlic & Oregano), undrained
- 1 can (8 oz) Italian style tomato sauce OR 1 cup spaghetti sauce
- at least 4 hot dogs, cut into bite sized pieces
- 3 – 4 cups spaghetti noodles, cooked
- Shredded Mozzarella Cheese, for topping
- ½ cup chopped Onion (optional)
- HEAT oven to 375ºF.
- COOK and stir onions, carrots and peppers in hot oil or butter in large skillet on medium 4 min. or until crisp-tender. Stir in Tomatoes, Sauce, and sliced Hot Dogs.
- PLACE pasta in 8-inch square baking dish; cover with sauce mixture and cheese.
- BAKE 10 to 15 min. or until pasta mixture is heated through and cheese is melted.
- COOK and stir onions, carrots and peppers in hot oil in medium to large pot on medium 4 min. or until crisp-tender. Stir in Tomatoes, Sauce, and sliced Hot Dogs.
- STIR IN pasta.
- TOP with cheese. Heat over medium-low until cheese is melted.
*This is yummy with other cheeses. Cheese can also be stirred into the pasta mixture, in addition to topping it with cheese.
This is a great recipe to use up ingredients from meals listed in the 1 Bag, 8 Meals post. Using left over veggies, hot dogs, and spaghetti make this an inexpensive meal.
Variation: Change up the flavor by choosing different tomato flavors. Fire Roasted Garlic diced tomatoes and Chunky Vegetable spaghetti sauce.
Adapted from the recipe on Kraft.com